Twins Race to the Playoffs

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...

How will the Twins' regular season end?

Divison Title
29%
Wild Card Playoff Berth
57%
There's always next year
14%

Total votes: 7

jgr

Twins Race to the Playoffs

Post by jgr » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:08 pm

Over the last two months, baseball fans nationwide have beared witness to something incredible- the possibility of the Twins making the playoffs.
With perhaps the greatest duo of left-handed pitchers in the major Leagues Francisco Liriano and Johan Santana are both in the running for the Cy Young award, and Liriano is looking strong in the Rookie of the Year standings.
The consistant bat of Joe Mauer (best batting average in MLB) and the power of Justin Morneau have provided a much needed offensive threat. And the Twins minor league teams have been more than adequately filling in for injured starters. After facing an incredible opponent in the Detroit Tigers (best record in MLB) the Twins' playoff hopes have been slowed, but their possible wildcard berth is still alive.
Do the Twins have what it takes to make it to the playoffs?

kimanderson

Post by kimanderson » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:38 pm

It seems like Vikings' jinx had been spreading to the Wolves, Wild and Twins in recent years. Sure hope the Twins can bring itself out of the rut and go all the way.

NonPartisan

August 7 LOSS TO DETROIT

Post by NonPartisan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:25 am

Liriano, his arm, it was hurt
And so, from the mound he was jerked
The Twins, not adroit
Got bit by Detroit
Let's hope that Minn pitching will work.

And let's make those bad Tigers frown
Beat them at their game in their town
Wake up Twins bats
And stop the striped cats
And win that wild card spot hands down.

Terry

6 is the Magic Number

Post by Terry » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:11 pm

If the sum of Twins' wins and Chicago's losses is 6, the Twins will clinch the playoff.

Terry

Post by Terry » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Twins lost today, but they still have a chance at the division title. Only 2 games left.

Terry

Twins - Divison Champ

Post by Terry » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:59 pm

Twins won today and Detroit lost. So, Twins plays the first playoff game at home on Tuesday.

How far do you think they can go?

NonPartisan

Post by NonPartisan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:46 am

Well, I won't predict, but I still get a laugh at the thought that Bud Selig wanted to do away with the Twins. This franchise, in which the "stars" have kept their humility, is not made of a few prima donnas, but is really a team. They are the only sports team I follow. (Except after they beat Chicago on Sunday, and their chance to win the division hung in the balance of the Detroit-Kansas City game, I put on an old Royals jacket and cheered them on. I guess it worked.)