Vikings at Seattle

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...
Modern_Day_Cowboy

Vikings at Seattle

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:36 am

It turned out to basically be OG Steve Hutchinson for WR Nate Burleson. But it created a lot of bad blood and a potential future rivalry between the two Super Bowl-less franchises.

Minnesota signed all-world guard Hutchinson, and will travel to Seattle to take on Burleson's new team, the defending NFC Champion Seahawks.

The alleged trickery by the Vikings and representatives of Hutchinson led the Seahawks to sign Burleson under the same supposed underhanded means. The front offices of both teams have attacked each other in the media.

Seattle has the Vikings by one game thus far in the season, but Vikings coach Brad Childress has a newfound dominating defense, and the Seahawks are without 2005 MVP Shaun Alexander (reports as of Monday said he would be out).

But will the expected hatred for the Vikings that will fill Seahawks Stadium be enough for the defending conference champs to knock off the upstart Vikings? Or will RB Chester Taylor's all-purpose yardage be too much for a Seahawks defense that has been underwhelming so far this year?

WhatsUp

Post by WhatsUp » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:46 am

Vikings and Seahawks are not the same caliber teams, in term of coaching staff and players. Vikings will get their asses kicked: 35-6.

Modern_Day_Cowboy

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:11 pm

WhatsUp wrote:Vikings and Seahawks are not the same caliber teams, in term of coaching staff and players. Vikings will get their asses kicked: 35-6.
Oh, I beg to differ...I am not a Vikings fan, first off. Secondly, Seattle is without Shaun Alexander, and their running game is largely ineffective with his absence, and without Steve Hutchinson (that move will result in lost jobs among Seattle's executive staff). I really don't see a way, in the NFL, a team that cannot run the ball consistently can beat one that can by even close to that big of a margin.

Offense feeds off the defense. Minnesota clearly has a stronger defense than Seattle does (Minnesota 5th in total defense, Seattle 15th), and Seattle's offense will be rendered ineffective for four quarters, giving Minnesota's ball-control offense all the cushion it needs.

Vikings 20, Seahawks 10, and the stats will make it look far worse than the score suggests.

jak

Post by jak » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Modern_Day_Cowboy wrote:
Offense feeds off the defense. Minnesota clearly has a stronger defense than Seattle does (Minnesota 5th in total defense, Seattle 15th), and Seattle's offense will be rendered ineffective for four quarters, giving Minnesota's ball-control offense all the cushion it needs.

Vikings 20, Seahawks 10, and the stats will make it look far worse than the score suggests.
I agree completely, although I think the Vikings might actually do a bit better than 20.

OdinofAzgard

Vikings slaughter Seahawks

Post by OdinofAzgard » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am

3 - zip.

jak

Post by jak » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:57 pm

31-13

What a bunch of fun that game was.