Gophers vs. Bison

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...
Post Reply
Modern_Day_Cowboy
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Gophers vs. Bison

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:46 am

Some say it's a good time for the lowly Gophers football team to take on a Division I-AA school. Others say it's North Dakota State's chance to get on the regional recruiting map.

With the Gophers performing as badly as they have been over the last few games, do the undefeated Bison - whom have already knocked off Division I-A Ball State - have a chance Saturday at the Metrodome?

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Post by WhatsUp » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:43 am

I hope the Gophers get embarrased big time at home. Perhaps it can seal Mason's fate and get him out of here. Just look at his record - how many close games he had lost and how many toilet bowls he failed to bring home? Thanks to Mason for getting a new stadium, but hope he won't be coaching there.

Modern_Day_Cowboy
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:15 pm

WhatsUp wrote:I hope the Gophers get embarrased big time at home. Perhaps it can seal Mason's fate and get him out of here. Just look at his record - how many close games he had lost and how many toilet bowls he failed to bring home? Thanks to Mason for getting a new stadium, but hope he won't be coaching there.
I would hardly thank Glen Mason for anything, least of all the new stadium that alumni, legislators and voters have been wanting for quite some time. To even suggest that Mason - who is less popular in Minnesota than Norm Green, Todd Bertuzzi and Osama bin Laden - had any significant hand in that is laughable. Mason has been angling to get out of Minnesota and into a better program since he got here. During his tenure, the Gophers have developed a history of utter collapse, gutless scheduling and a lack of defensive players in general.

In fact, if I didn't think Mason's departure from the maroon and gold wasn't simply a matter of another season or two, I would be completely against the new stadium. Hopefully, NDSU can put such a damaging loss on the Gophers program, recruiting will fall even lower than it already is, and the U can clean house of Mason and all his "who-gives-a-rip" bowl wins.

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Post by WhatsUp » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:22 pm

The U should get rid of that loser basketball coach as well. The U's atheletic director is an incompetent loser too and he likes to have a bunch of losers around him so that he doesn't look like the biggest loser.

Modern_Day_Cowboy
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:34 pm

WhatsUp wrote:The U should get rid of that loser basketball coach as well. The U's atheletic director is an incompetent loser too and he likes to have a bunch of losers around him so that he doesn't look like the biggest loser.
Yeah...losers.

All I know is I would hate to be Glen Mason for the next few days. His team is playing terribly, if he loses to NDSU, not only does he have a new low for his career, but he loses a lot of credibility in a recruiting battle he's already losing to Wisconsin and any other major school who wants a quality player in Minnesota. NDSU is an up-and-coming Division I-AA program, and if they can beat the Gophers, many a recruit are going to put them up with the Gophers in terms of their decision. If he wins, well, he's supposed to beat I-AA teams.

Pretty much lose-lose for him.

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Fire Mason

Post by WhatsUp » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Check out FireMason.com

Mason is 18 wins from the .500 mark in the big TEN. He is paid about $1.6 millions a year. That is real expensive for a loser. I bet a gopher cheerleader can do a better job than Mason.

Modern_Day_Cowboy
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Fire Mason

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:07 am

WhatsUp wrote:Check out FireMason.com

Mason is 18 wins from the .500 mark in the big TEN. He is paid about $1.6 millions a year. That is real expensive for a loser. I bet a gopher cheerleader can do a better job than Mason.
If I'm wrong, then ok, but as of 9 a.m. Saturday morning, I'm willing to bet www.firemason.com is going to be the highest trafficked web site in the Twin Cities by about 6 p.m. tonight.

GO BISON!

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Post by WhatsUp » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:07 pm

Gopher won 10-9. Mason still looks like pathetic loser. So do gophers too!

Post Reply