Vikings and Packers

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...
Michael Cracken

Vikings and Packers

Post by Michael Cracken » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:56 pm

The Minnesota Vikings are no longer a football team. They are a loss leader for Zigi Wilf's real estate develoment. And prior to that they were an expensive diversion for Red McComb's used car business. Why don't you people wake up and become Packer fans--the only franchise in professional sport owned by the fans.

swani2121

Post by swani2121 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:23 pm

I am a native of the great Green and Gold land, otherwise known to Wisonconsinites at God's country. I can personally say the city prospers from every game. In the mid 90s the profits were estimated to 4 million going back into Green Bay from each home game. There is no lacking of loyalty and pride. I have lived in Minnepolis 5 years and still hold me head high. I know Favre will be gone soon, I know the team will have a weak special teams this year, and there will not be the returning talent of known starters such as with the Bears this season.

But one fact remains. I will never be shy to say where I am from. I will always recommend to make a visit to Curly's house at least once in one's lifetime. I still love Green Bay. Try being a fan, you will never regret it:)

OdinofAzgard

Post by OdinofAzgard » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm

Refresh my memory. Didn't the Vikes drub the pitiful Pack both games last year? The $295 million to refurbish Lambeau mighta been better spent on more hillbilly heroin for Brett. Farve's been responsible for more wounded ducks than Dick Cheney.

Frasier

Post by Frasier » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Here is a memory refresh: Vikings has been going nowhere in their pursuit of the Super Bowl during the last decade. In the team history, every time they got close to that crown, they got their asses kicked.

In spite of all the hypes about Randy and Daunte, fans had figured out the hard way that they are just a bunch of whining immature losers. Now, these losers want tax payers to pay for a new stadium - fat chance! How about win a Super Bowl before asking? If they want to leave town, who's stopping them? Might as well take their losing streak somewhere else.