Pretty bunk World Series...

Vikings, Timberwolves, Wild, Gopher Sports, hiking, biking, skiing, fishing, hunting ...
Modern_Day_Cowboy

Pretty bunk World Series...

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 am

There wasn't really much to enjoy. It was alright, I guess, but I can't help but feel the Twins at their best could have beaten either of these teams.

It got me thinking nostalgically to the 1991 World Series. EASILY the best in history. I also especially enjoyed the 2001 and 1999 series. Any other favorites?

WhatsUp

Post by WhatsUp » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:16 am

Just glad the baseball season is behind us. Those long boring games hogged a lot of TV time. I'd rather watch "Trading Spouses" than a baseball game. At least something is going on in the show, but nothing is going on in the game and it seems to last forever.

TV baseball fans - PLEASE get yourself a life!!!

Modern_Day_Cowboy

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:22 am

WhatsUp wrote:Just glad the baseball season is behind us. Those long boring games hogged a lot of TV time. I'd rather watch "Trading Spouses" than a baseball game. At least something is going on in the show, but nothing is going on in the game and it seems to last forever.

TV baseball fans - PLEASE get yourself a life!!!
The pure poetry of watching Joe Mauer swing combined with the great "local boy makes good," angle...the complete dominance of Johan Santana and the knowledge of knowing we got to watch every pitch of his Hall of Fame career...the classic underdog story of a group of younger players going out and beating the more talented mercenaries of Boston and New York...the daily drama combined with a tremendous sense of long-term effects each game brings...

Yeah, Trading Spouses sounds fantastic compared to that.

Nothing better than some good ol' White Trash TV to stimulate the masses who can't find any sustained satisfaction unless it involves dysfunction and pleasure in seeing those far less gifted than the rest of us.

You a NASCAR fan too?

WhatsUp

Post by WhatsUp » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:26 am

Am I into NASCAR? Are you kidding me? I have seen enough cars and bad drivers on 35W everyday.

Modern_Day_Cowboy

Post by Modern_Day_Cowboy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:44 am

WhatsUp wrote:Am I into NASCAR? Are you kidding me? I have seen enough cars and bad drivers on 35W everyday.
Yeah, 35W is a lot more interesting to watch. People turn a new direction every now and again... :D