Jimmy Lee Sentenced For Tatooing Teen Girls

Crime - the media loves it, people fear it, and criminals get away with it!
thrice

Jimmy Lee Sentenced For Tatooing Teen Girls

Post by thrice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 am

Hugo man who tattooed teen girls is sentenced
Pioneer Press
Updated: 03/16/2011 11:55:45 PM CDT

A Hugo man who tattooed teenage girls as a way of marking them as his "home girls" has been sentenced.

Jimmy Carter Lee, 30, was sentenced in Washington County District Court last week to 90 days in jail for one misdemeanor count of tattooing a minor without parental consent. He received five years' probation but no jail time for a drug-possession charge. And as part of a plea agreement, a felony charge of receiving stolen property was dismissed.

Police began investigating Lee in 2009 after a runaway teen was found at his home. Investigators said several 15-year-old girls had been tattooed with the letters "OMG" marking them as the "girls" of the OMB, or Oroville Mono Boys gang, according to a criminal complaint.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _98253655/

Criminal charges? Really? Seems like Lee had perfectly valid reasons to tatoo these 15 year old girls. Wouldn't want some other gang to steal the property of this Hmong OMB gang without being able to trace them...
Read the linked article in its entirety. Sure would be nice to hear today's feminists quit trotting out old mythical statistics about gender pay inequity and start standing up for some real abused women, like these ones. The silence is deafening...

dorajar

Re: Jimmy Lee Sentenced For Tatooing Teen Girls

Post by dorajar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 am

thrice wrote: Read the linked article in its entirety. Sure would be nice to hear today's feminists quit trotting out old mythical statistics about gender pay inequity and start standing up for some real abused women, like these ones. The silence is deafening...
[/b]
Oh you know what? Eff that. It is perfectly possible to both defend abused women and expect pay equality.

I came home last night and my sister, a 2nd year law student, was in tears. She spends her days working in Anoka county in the child support offices, trying to get assholes to support the children they sire by 14 different women, and then her afternoons and evenings in class studying horrible cases of abuse, neglect, and murder. Yesterday she learned of a case wherein a 15 year old girl, sexually abused by men since the age of 2 and on the streets as a child prostitute since the age of 10, was picked up by some gross old pervert who became violent and threatening, and she shot him, thinking he was going to kill her. She was then sentenced to life in prison. And all the wealthy white boys in her class raised their hands and talked about what a fair verdict that was.

The lack of empathy and imagination in men never fails to astound me. And I just deal with you people. My poor sister is surrounded by them in class and at work, and she was telling me last night that she feels real and actual despair about the state of the world and the future.

So don't tell me how to be a feminist, please. I think you have a little work to do on yourself first.

thrice

Post by thrice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:25 am

Touchy, touchy!

It's a hell of a lot easier to demand more pay from some faceless corporation and bitch that the old man doesn't pitch in enough on the housework and child care than to take on some vicious, girl raping gangsters, isn't it? And just about as gutsy and "skin in the game" committed as slapping a "Save The Whales" or "Free Tibet" bumper sticker on your car, proclaiming your outrage about issues on the other side of the world.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/comm ... 46584.html

One wonders what testicle burdened fool is paying the rent so this "activist" can sit at home in Minnetonka and bitch about how badly she's getting the shaft. It's a mighty rare free lance writer that can pay the rent in that particular zip code.
Last edited by thrice on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 am

Are you really, honestly suggesting that women can EITHER work toward economic equality OR take a stand against gang rape, but not both?

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:38 am

thrice wrote:
One wonders what testicle burdened fool is paying the rent so this "activist" can sit at home and bitch about how badly she's getting the shaft.
Freelance writers aren't contributing members of society now? Someone tell my bank account that its proceeds are ill-gotten and must have magically come from someone with testes rather than my own efforts.

And why is expressing an opinion "bitching" for her, but perfectly acceptable from male columnists? I didn't see her reference her own home life or marital work balance once--she's making a point about our society, one that happens to be spot on.

Gosh, some men just cannot STAND women calling it like it is. Unbelievable.

thrice

Post by thrice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 am

No, what I'm saying is that it's been pretty clearly proven that gender pay equity statistics are shamelessly manipulated to compare apples and oranges, and that real differences between male and female compensation in identical circumstances are virtually nonexistent.

Rather than abandon that dead horse whipping, it gets trotted out, year after year. But when true, raw exploitation and brutality to women occurs- and it does every day- where are the militants then? Where are the picket signs at gang trials or rap concerts? Just doesn't happen. Because the real impetus behind the movement is a deep seated hostility towards males and the general male-female relationship dynamic. Taking on real badasses and monsters wouldn't nearly have the emotional impact on the true targets of their anger much closer to home.

"Freelance writers aren't contributing members of society now?"

Never said that. Just pointing out that she obviously isn't in an occupation that could likely support the lifestyle she enjoys, and find it incredibly ironic that she writes this commentary obviously spewing bile and resentment against one particular male in her life that she feels isn't doing his share of the dishes and diaper changing while he's off putting a roof over her head.
Last edited by thrice on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

praecorloth

Re: Jimmy Lee Sentenced For Tatooing Teen Girls

Post by praecorloth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 am

dorajar wrote:Yesterday she learned of a case wherein a 15 year old girl, sexually abused by men since the age of 2 and on the streets as a child prostitute since the age of 10, was picked up by some gross old pervert who became violent and threatening, and she shot him, thinking he was going to kill her. She was then sentenced to life in prison. And all the wealthy white boys in her class raised their hands and talked about what a fair verdict that was.
Wait hold up. I just want to make sure I'm clear on this. If a man gets a gun for protection, he's a crazed survivalist who needs to learn that he should just call the police when trouble arises.

If a woman uses a gun in self defense and is treated like liberals seem to think anyone using a gun in self defense should be treated, then it's a horrible thing.

I'm just trying to be clear on this. I'm not that good at Stance Dancing yet and I'm trying to figure out all the moves.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am

When you're a 15 year old girl working as a child prostitute on the street and getting into the cars of deranged perverts, you can talk to me about the need for self-defense.

Yes, I think guns are an abomination, no matter who's using them. And I'm also rational enough to recognize that some people have a slightly more reasonable claim to the need for self-defense than others.

And my opinion has nothing to do with the law. The law makes it just dandy for surburban homeowners to shoot people who lay a toe in their manicured lawn. Children who are repeatedly raped and brutalized? Not so much. Talk about stance dancing.

thrice

Absolute And Utter Nonsense

Post by thrice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am

"And my opinion has nothing to do with the law. The law makes it just dandy for surburban homeowners to shoot people who lay a toe in their manicured lawn."

What the law REALLY says:

609.065 Justifiable taking of life.

The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.

And that doesn't include trespassing on your lawn.

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 am

"The law makes it just dandy for surburban homeowners to shoot people who lay a toe in their manicured lawn"

Not in this state. Not in any state as far as I know. In general you need to show an imminent deadly threat before any shooting is considered justified. Minnesota is not a "Your home is your castle" state, and so even when there is an imminent deadly threat, things may not go your way.

Back to the subject at hand. Why did they plea away the stolen property? Why did they plea away the drugs? Why didn't they do anything about the other young girls who were tattooed? This guy is a gang leader - or at least a gang member - do they think he will mend his ways and become a productive member of society?

This guy is 30 years old. Is he here on an immigrant visa? Was he made a citizen yet? I think we should send him back to Laos/Cambodia/whatever. There are plenty of people who would love to live in America, and would keep their noses clean once here.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 am

thrice

Hot Air Vs Reality

Post by thrice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:43 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

I really doubt that would pass constitutional muster. The Supreme Court of the US ruled long ago that even police couldn't use deadly force unless the seriousness of a felony crime justified it- as in this case, where they ruled simple felony theft of a tv didn't justify shooting the perp.

Even here in MN, a north suburban guy was recently charged, as I recall, for shooting a burglar who entered his house because he couldn't prove the guy intended to commit a crime there.

The drama of "what ifs" is far more entertaining and sensational than the drab world of "what is"...

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:13 am

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/In_Texas_can_ ... r_property

"It is also important to note that Texas enjoys one of the LOWEST violent Crime Rates even in it's major metropolitan areas and almost a non-existent petty crime rate vs other states in the Nation"

Now while the source you cited is an "anyone can post anything" service, bound to have many factual errors - the included text above is of note. Word appears to be out in the state of Texas - criminals are not welcomed by homeowners, nor are they welcomed by courts.

There's a lesson to be learned, if you ask me.

thrice

Post by thrice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry, X, unfortunately that stat is rubbish. Citing incorrect data seems entirely consistent with the functional illiteracy of the person who wrote that Wiki entry about Texas gun laws. They do have some rather liberal rules regarding using deadly force on people committing crimes on your property or anothers. Apparently the Supreme Court ruling on cops using force doesn't have the same application for civilian use as regulated by the individual states.

Here's a ranking of the states for violent crime rates in 2007. Texas comes in 14th highest.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/ ... ank21.html