Podcasts

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Podcasts

Post by dorajar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:28 am

I'm loading up the ol' iPod for my roadtrip to Kansas this weekend.

Besides This American Life, are there other good podcasts out there that you enjoy?

hobbit

Post by hobbit » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:41 pm

NPR has several. I like Stuff you missed in history class, and Stuff you should know. Another favorite is The Splendid Table (the show for people who love to eat!) with Lynne Rossetto Kasper. I also listen to Grammary Girl. It delivers short, one-topic grammar lessons that help me brush up on writing skills. I listen to the podcasts during my morning walks.

Would really like to hear some other suggestions from Forum posters too - thanks!

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:26 am

I ended up downloading a couple full-length Bill Maher podcasts--basically just the audio of his TV show. Listened to one on the way down yesterday and laughed myself silly (his main guest was Larry King). I have another to listen to on my way back up on Monday. I also got some episodes of NPR's Planet Money, which seems pretty cool--all about economics. I got some RadioLab and The Moth, both of which were suggested to me by friends. An episode of the BBC's Arts and Ideas (I was listening to that one when I got pulled over for speeding in Iowa--sigh. 80 on the Interstate is such a crime??)

There's a lot of good stuff out there! Makes driving for 7 hours much more pleasant than listening to the same old song playlists over and over.

COWman

Great idea

Post by COWman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:44 am

I'm going to download a few Bill Maher podcasts, just for "stand in line" humor. Thanks for the idea.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 pm

RadioLab turned out to be one of my favorites. Highly recommended if you're into science and ideas and interesting ways of looking at the world!

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:22 pm

The Nutrition Diva and Savage Love are also winners.