The Finder Forum

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

The Finder Forum

Post by dorajar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10 am

Why do you come to the Mpls Finder Forum? Is it to catch up on news, see what other people are talking about, get ideas for restaurants or local events and entertainment, discuss things you feel passionately about, ask for advice or input...? What would you like to see more of? What would you like to see less of? How could this site be more useful or relevant for you?

BrewskiBri

Post by BrewskiBri » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 am

I come to the Finder Forum to discuss topics I care about with people who usually disagree with me or have differing view points. I like to hear other people's opinions. I would like to see more discussion of topics, and less of blatant dismissals with arguments (or one sentence) that have no substance of why they differ in opinion.

I like to read the restaurant reviews but check those at a far less frequency than the Politics, News, and What's On Your Mind threads.

I think this site could be more useful if more people participated in discussion. It seems like there are a handful of users who post frequently but it would make discussions more interesting with more voices I think. On the same note, when a headline from a news source is posted, it doesn't really spark conversation unless there is a specific question asked or an interesting point highlighted. I'm not trying to discredit how things are done now, I'm just trying to offer some advice.

hobbit

Post by hobbit » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:32 pm

I agree with BrewskiBri. She expressed my viewpoint very well. The categories I regularly look at are Politics, News, What's on Your Mind, and Food and Drink. I enjoy reading posts that reflect viewpoints with which I differ, but I have been offended by some posts that (to me) are biased and dismissive. I look to the Forum for thoughtful, rational, reaonable discourse, especially with local issues. Sometimes I find that in a thread. More often, I do not. When I see the same posters expressing their predictably narrow opinions, I tune out.

I visit the MFF a few times every day. I will continue to do so.

I appreciate today's question!

Saturnal

Post by Saturnal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:54 pm

I visit to check up on news, mostly to see a little bit of other viewpoints on local issues. I read the forum fairly regularly, but post much less often - I don't usually do so, but once in a while I have a point that I feel must be made.

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:59 am

I'm just here to rock the boat. 'Cause I'm a jerk. :)

COWman

Come to the Forum

Post by COWman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:40 pm

I come to the forum to get new ideas. To see how creative some people are with their questions and comments. Sometimes I marvel at the length some people will go to get their point across.

COWman

Another reason

Post by COWman » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:44 am

Sometimes I come to the forum just to spout off. Like today:
Why does Wilfy think people of MN will buy him a new stadium? Is he nuts, or what. How can someone so stupid have so much money? It goes to show you Julia Child was right when she said:
“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.”