What A Deal

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
thrice

What A Deal

Post by thrice » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 pm

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/alpha-consu ... -links:TOP

Here's a link to 8 top web sites offering discounts and deal shopping for consumers.

What's the best bargain you've found lately?

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 am

I went tubing on the Cannon Falls river with some friends and there was a little shop near the parking area that was selling used clothing. I got a great sweater and a cozy long-sleeved shirt for $5!

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:38 am

I picked up some Logitech headsets off of Newegg.com. They're $30 in the store. $18 on Newegg. Also got 2x 512 megabyte strips of memory from Newegg for $10 cheaper than 1x 512 megabyte strip of the exact same brand from a brick and mortar Office Depot.

I really like to support the local economy when I can. But it's just not feasible when it comes to tech. Tech is so much more expensive in stores.

Which reminds me if you're looking to upgrade your laptop, Newegg has a nice Acer on sale for $350. It's not one of the netbooks, it's a full size laptop. They even managed to figure out how to comfortably fit a 10 key on to the laptop keyboard. The 2x 512 meg strips of memory I bought were for my wife's 5 year old Acer. Breathed new life in to it. It'll probably last us another 3 or 4 years at this rate. Purchased for about $500, which was about as low as you could go 5 years ago.