Who would you call?

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
Terry

Who would you call?

Post by Terry » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:35 am

Watched the movie Flight 93 over the weekend. It is a very well-directed movie that provokes a lot of emotions. The part that was rather hard to watch was when some of the passengers called their loved ones to say the final good-bye.

If you were on that flight, who would you call?

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:34 am

oooh, good question.

I'd call my parents first. Then my sister. Then, if I still had time, I'd call...no, if I still had time, I'd waste it debating with myself about whom to call next.

luciensar

Post by luciensar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:18 pm

My best friend. And that's about it, really.

NonPartisan

When Boxcutters are Outlawed . . .

Post by NonPartisan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:49 pm

-
Well, after the calls to loved ones, I'd try to call some elected official, some bureaucrat, some TSA official, and thank them for disarming me and my fellow soon-to-die passengers of every possible weapon, which we could have used to help take back control of the plane.

Or, to paraphrase the old NRA bumpersticker:
When boxcutters, pocketknives, scissors, nailclippers, screwdrivers, knitting needles, gels, cremes and liquids are outlawed, only hijackers and terrorists will have boxcutters, pocketknives, scissors, nailclippers, screwdrivers, knitting needles, gels, cremes and liquids.

dorajar

Re: When Boxcutters are Outlawed . . .

Post by dorajar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:14 pm

NonPartisan wrote:-
Well, after the calls to loved ones, I'd try to call some elected official, some bureaucrat, some TSA official, and thank them for disarming me and my fellow soon-to-die passengers of every possible weapon, which we could have used to help take back control of the plane.

Or, to paraphrase the old NRA bumpersticker:
When boxcutters, pocketknives, scissors, nailclippers, screwdrivers, knitting needles, gels, cremes and liquids are outlawed, only hijackers and terrorists will have boxcutters, pocketknives, scissors, nailclippers, screwdrivers, knitting needles, gels, cremes and liquids.
:lol:

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:33 pm

Well, after the calls to loved ones, I'd try to call some elected official, some bureaucrat, some TSA official,
Good luck getting through! You would still be on hold when the plane hits the ground.