The Don?

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
Terry

The Don?

Post by Terry » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:50 am

What is your impression or opinion of Donald Trump?

NonPartisan

The Donald is The Bad

Post by NonPartisan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:38 pm

Bad hair. Bad marriages. Bad architecture. Bad investments. Bad abuse of bankruptcy laws. Bad TV show. Bad all around.

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:18 pm

Bad hair, bad choices of women, bad body language. But EXTREMELY shrewd businessman, very generous (recently donated a land for a state park), very inspirational writer, and very stand-up guy.

luciensar

Post by luciensar » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:15 pm

I really don't see much that's horrible about Trump. I mean, he's got a string of failed marriages, but so do many people who are clearly workaholics - and he is. He's made his fortune by being an extremely good businessman, which is better than you can say about a lot of this country's rich and famous. He's not the greatest human being around, but he's not famous for being a clean slate.

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:57 pm

If you see how much land he donated for the site of a state park, you will be impressed by his generosity. He builds very top quality condos as well. In NYC, if you have a truck load of cash and want to buy the best luxury condo, Trump is only guy in town you want to see.

bwoodsdesign

Post by bwoodsdesign » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:37 pm

OK I can agree with those who say Trump is a generous fellow, but let's be honest. If you had as much money as him, or say, Oprah... there is only so much you can do with money. You wind up being philanthropical (is that even a word?) in some way or another.

jak

Post by jak » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:34 pm

This is what I've accumulated as to what makes up the man who we so casually refer to as "The Don": he's inhumanly wealthy, he says "you're fired" a lot, he's got the shittiest haircut on the planet, and Patrick Batman was obsessed with him and Ivanna in the late 80s.

I also remember reading that, whenever he gives a speach somewhere, anywhere or whatever, he apparently gets around 25-30 thousand dollars per half hour or something.

It might have been per minute but thats far too much money for my poor, bankrupted mind to understand. I stopped giving a damn who he might be after that.

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:42 pm

jak wrote:I also remember reading that, whenever he gives a speach somewhere, anywhere or whatever, he apparently gets around 25-30 thousand dollars per half hour or something.

It might have been per minute but ...
He makes about a million $ for an hour of public speaking. He was here a few months ago at the mpls convention center for a motivational speech.

His reality show "The Apprentice" has become a part of the business school curriculum at Harvard and Yale.

Frasier

Post by Frasier » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:09 am

Terry wrote: His reality show "The Apprentice" has become a part of the business school curriculum at Harvard and Yale.
I don't necessarily like Trump as a person, but I admire him for being very successful. I watch his show "The Apprentice". Trust me, you can learn a lot from him, especially the things you can't learn in a business school's classroom.