Bumper Sticker

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
Terry

Bumper Sticker

Post by Terry » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:16 am

Do you have a bumper sticker on your car for your candidate or your favorite radio station? If not, would you put one on if asked?

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:00 am

I used to have a bumper sticker for 89.3 the Current on my old car. Yes, I'd put it on my new one too, if I came across another one.

As for candidates, the only politician I'd feel strongly enough about to advertise for is Paul Wellstone, and he's dead.

At this point, I'd rather advertise ideas or slogans than individuals.

bgb

Post by bgb » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:28 am

No bumper stickers on the car at all right now. I'd tape one to the back window if I felt strongly about something.

bwoodsdesign

Post by bwoodsdesign » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:53 pm

dorajar wrote:...the only politician I'd feel strongly enough about to advertise for is Paul Wellstone, and he's dead.
Hey dora

Yes, he is dead. And when I was a liberal, I would have done the same. However, we need to tell the ones who still have WS bumber stickers on their cars and signs in their yards, that he is long gone.

Seems mean to say that, but come on, people.

OdinofAzgard

Goners

Post by OdinofAzgard » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:43 pm

Yes, he is dead. And when I was a liberal, I would have done the same. However, we need to tell the ones who still have WS bumber stickers on their cars and signs in their yards, that he is long gone.

I agree with that. And ditch the Jesus stickers, too. They're dead and gone. Get over it already.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:35 am

bwoodsdesign wrote:
dorajar wrote:...the only politician I'd feel strongly enough about to advertise for is Paul Wellstone, and he's dead.
Hey dora

Sometimes those stinkers can be hard to get off. Maybe they've tried... :wink:

veeb

Post by veeb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:41 pm

While I agree with the right to express oneself, when I'm stuck behind someone (or when someone cuts me off, or any sort of traffic faux pas) with a sticker favoring someone or something I certainly do not favor, my frustration suddenly becomes personal, and intensifies my already fairly intense road rage.

And I just don't need any of that sort of rage directed at me, because I'm sure I commit just as many traffic faux pas as those are committed onto me. So no matter how much I believe in something, I just can't bring myself to bring undue rage against myself (or my vehicle, which technically belongs to my father).

dbthinking

Post by dbthinking » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Bumper stickers ANY bumper stickers are a sure sign of an IDIOT on board