Under the Weather

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
hobbit

Under the Weather

Post by hobbit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:02 pm

For the last 2 days I have been figting off bronchial disturbance. Finally, today I gave in and took a sick day. What do you do when you have an at-home sick day?

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I'll be taking one tomorrow.

But I'll be spending it at rehearsal.

Shhhhh.....

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:06 pm

On a serious note, though, keep an eye on that bronchial disturbance. My boss had that, thought it was just a cold, but it went on and on and eventually turned into bronchitis and then pneumonia. She had to get on steroids and some other drugs to finally kick it.

BrewskiBri

Post by BrewskiBri » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:36 pm

Although I really haven't taken that many sick days, the ones I have, I usually sleep. A lot. Maybe make some warm soup and curl up on the couch with a blanket. Lots of rest is good and also drinking lots of fluids. I hope you feel better Hobbit!

hobbit

Post by hobbit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:58 pm

As it turned out it was actually a good day for a sick day. The weather - the wind, the cold, the rain/sleet/snow pelting the windows - compelled me to burrow under a heavy blanket in front of the television, where in between zoning in and out of light sleep, I surfed channels and got my fill of food network shows and political talking heads. Tried reading some, but kept going back into the heavy lidded zone. For lunch I made a batch of Mrs Grass chicken noodle soup - that hideous sodium-heavy abomination that doesn't deserve to be called soup, always tastes good to me when I don't feel well, and feels good on my throat when I swallow it. When I wasn't horizontal, I puttered around the house, feeling a little guilty that I wasn't doing anything meaningful. But now I have cast off the bathrobe, took a nice hot shower, and dressed in yoga pants and top that are soft and warm, and I feel so much better.

BrewskiBri

Post by BrewskiBri » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Aside from being sick, that sounds like a wonderful day! We all need a lazy day every now and again and if the weather wasn't good anyways, I don't think you should feel guilty at all! Glad you you are feeling better :)