Manifest

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Manifest

Post by dorajar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:05 pm

What do you wish you could create with your hands?

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:06 pm

bread, a garden, calligraphy, pictures, amazing massages, a tree house, a perfect handstand without a wall, reasonably good-looking hair-dos, healing, a perfectly chopped tomato.

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm

I want to create energy with my hands. Sounds silly but I get a kick out of all the manually powered devices you can find. Like flashlights and radios.

hobbit

Post by hobbit » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 pm

Pie crust. Cookies made from rolled dough. A fresh flower arrangement that doesn't look like chaos in a vase. A bow made with ribbon on a gift package that looks pretty. What the heck - a simple gift bag stuffed with tissue paper that looks pretty!!!!

My mother was an accomplished seamstress. She not only created hand-sewn cloting for me and all of my sisters, she made hats and coats! She took in jobs - alterations and custom made clothing - earning money that supplemented our family income. More than supplemented - we depended upon it. Dad was a machinist in a tool and dye company in Detroit, and his work was subject to the ups and downs of the automobile industry - he never belonged to a union. But I digress. I can't sew a stitch. My mother could make complete wardobes with her hands, and I dread having to replace a button.

But my hands make goodness with ingredients - love to chop and cook. And so I do.