Overshare

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Overshare

Post by dorajar » Wed May 14, 2008 9:11 am

I have found myself oversharing like crazy lately. Saying things...private, personal things...to anyone and everyone. I know I'm an open book and I process things by talking about them and I just didn't get the gene that tells you when something is really taboo or not fit for discussion...but I'm starting to think I need to learn how to zip my lip for the sake of other people's comfort. You know, be all cagey and elusive...an international woman of mystery...or at least stop making announcements about my uterus to my co-workers. Sigh. I just think the world would be so much lovelier if we were all OPEN and COMMUNICATIVE with each other. But I'm not gonna change the world so I guess I better change me.

Do you err on the side of over-sharing or not letting people into your mind and life? Do people on the opposite end of the spectrum bother you?

laurel

Post by laurel » Sat May 17, 2008 3:21 pm

People often say I'm 'a mystery', but I don't try to censor myself (other than from sounding stupid, sometimes) and it doesn't bother me a bit if people want to share details. It only bothers me if people are offended by the sharing of details or legitimate care and interest about their own lives. I'm not a nosy person, but I'm interested enough in others try and be open for them to share.