Sicky Poo

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Sicky Poo

Post by dorajar » Tue May 20, 2008 12:28 pm

I got to go have an x-ray yesterday!

My hip has been on the fritz for a few months now, so I finally went to the doc and she sent me to Cedar-Riverside to get my hip x-rayed. I had to lay on this table, and they didn't give me a lead apron or anything. Just took shots from above. Weird.

So, in honor of hospitals and doctor people, today's question is: What is the sickest you have ever been?

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Tue May 20, 2008 12:39 pm

I remember getting something that had the same symptoms of strep, but it wasn't quite strep. Went to the docs and they conjured up some antibiotics and then I spent the next 2 weeks in bed because I was literally too weak to stay awake for more than 30-40 minutes at a shot.

Which really sucked because one day I had woken up and the act of sitting up worked up a really good nose bleed. So, having been horizontal for a few days, I got vertical and made my way to the bathroom. The bad thing was this nose bleed was going really good and I was starting to black out while standing at the sink trying to deal with it. So I made myself horizontal again while propping myself up a little bit to deal with the nose bleed. But it sucked 'cause I could feel myself getting tired before the whole ordeal was dealt with.

thrice

Don't Get Me Started

Post by thrice » Tue May 20, 2008 1:13 pm

Johns Hopkins wants me to donate my body.

Now.

Probably the worst was hepititis, at age 16. I think it was the variety you get from eating contaminated food or drinking water. Thought I was getting a nice golden tan. Turned out to be jaundice. I lost 20 pounds and probably have enduring liver damage. Feel ok during the day, and then at night bile or something backs up and you start blowing chow. While you're sleeping. I got so used to it I didn't even wake up after a while. Went on for weeks.

Pneumonia is no party either. Months of walking around exhausted, ready to plunk head on desk and sleep. Coughing at night. Rattling breathing with lungs carrying fluid. Not recommended.

NonPartisan

STONED

Post by NonPartisan » Mon May 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Worst sick. Food poisoning from bad ham gravy.

Worst pain. Kidney stone. Big city hospital couldn't figure it out; exacerbated the problem. Wanted to keep me overnight; make more money off what they couldn't diagnose. $1,500 totally wasted.

Wife, a CNA, diagnosed it with ease. So went to small town doctor who diagnosed it quickly. At least that money, though too much, brought some result.

WhatsUp

Post by WhatsUp » Mon May 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Food poisoning when I was in high school. I thought I was going to die with persistent high fever and difficulty to breathe. It took me more than a month to recover after that.