Cycles

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Cycles

Post by dorajar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:00 am

"There is something in the pang of change,
More than the heart can bear,
Unhappiness remembering happiness." --Euripides

"She was weeping over the end of a cycle. How one must be thrust out of a finished cycle in life and that leap the most difficult to make, to part with one's faith, one's love, when one would prefer to renew the faith and recreate the passion. The struggle to emerge out of the past, clean of memories; the inadequacy of our hearts to cut life into separate and final portions; the pain of this constant ambivalence and interrelation of emotions; the hunger for frontiers against which we might lean as upon closed doors before we proceed forward; the struggle against diffusion, new beginnings, against finality in acts without finality or end, in our cursedly repercussive being..." --Anais Nin

What's the last time you emerged from one cycle of your life into another? When do you suspect you might do so again? What cycle are you currently in?

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:33 am

End of a cycle was when I moved to Tulsa. Oddly enough, the mere act of moving back has not ended the particular cycle that began when I got to Tulsa, but I think it's coming to a close.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 am

After college was the "run frantically around the world and have ridiculous, dangerous, thrilling, unbelievable experiences from Africa to L.A. to the burning Nevada desert" cycle

Then it was a sudden and drastic 180 to the "work for a corporation and try to be a grown up and live with my boyfriend" cycle.

Now is the happy medium "flexible academia job, back in school, focusing on theater career, balancing freedom and commitment" cycle.

This one feels good for now. Don't know when the next change will come, or what exactly it will look like. There are a few possibilities I can see, but whatever will be will be.