Authority and Liberty

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Authority and Liberty

Post by dorajar » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 am

"The union of the family lies in love; and love is the only reconciliation of authority and liberty." --Robert H. Benson

All this hubbub in St. Paul has me thinking about this: where do your sympathies naturally lie--with order and authority, or chaos and liberty? Obviously it's a spectrum, but where do you tend to gravitate...where's your comfort zone?

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:24 am

Chaos and liberty. I got a thread locked in another forum because I was being critical of how the police are handling protesters. Or not necessarily the protesters, but rather anyone who happens to be in the vicinity of an unruly protester.

It seems to me that people who are concerned about their guns being illegally confiscated are people who are ready to fight for their constitutionally protected rights. By that same token, it seems to me that people who are concerned about their guns being illegally confiscated, but not cameras, tape recorders, etc. area ready to fight for their constitutionally protected rights, but not do anything to avoid the fight.