Change of heart

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
Post Reply
dorajar
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Change of heart

Post by dorajar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 am

I've hated mushrooms my whole life. But after eating 2 different people's stuffed mushrooms in the past 2 months, I've had a change of heart, and have found myself craving them. Last night I made baby portobellos, stuffed with garlic, bread crumbs, rosemary, parsley, and trugole cheese. They were divine.

What have you changed your mind about recently?

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Post by WhatsUp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 am

I was for Obama when he was duking it out with Hillary. After his acceptence speech, I was very disappointed. I thought he was going to lay out his vision, but his speech was all about McCain - it was about what he will not do rather than what he WILL do.

I consider myself an independent. Now I am inclined to voting for McCain unless Obama can show he is better than an angry attacking candidate.

dorajar
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Post by dorajar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:11 am

WhatsUp wrote:I was for Obama when he was duking it out with Hillary. After his acceptence speech, I was very disappointed. I thought he was going to lay out his vision, but his speech was all about McCain - it was about what he will not do rather than what he WILL do.

I consider myself an independent. Now I am inclined to voting for McCain unless Obama can show he is better than an angry attacking candidate.
Whoa. What, what, what? Obama is the angry attacking candidate??

I must live in another world. McCain's whole campaign has been so nasty, so attacking, hypocritical, and slimy that it makes me ashamed to share a country with him. Obama's has been about hope, the future, possibility, optimism, change... Of course he has to respond to McCain's attacks or be called weak. But if you want the candidate of a Bright Future, Obama is your guy.

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Post by WhatsUp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:21 am

dorajar wrote: Obama's has been about hope, the future, possibility, optimism, change... Of course he has to respond to McCain's attacks or be called weak.
He was until his acceptance speech which was the worst speech he had ever given. As to attacking, both candidates are equally guilty. But Obama branded himself as someone different, but from his acceptance speech, he is no different from any slick politicians.

By the way, Joe Biden is a terrible VP choice. Obama fumbled the ball there too.

dorajar
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Post by dorajar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:33 am

Why is Joe Biden terrible, in your opinion? He's smart, experienced, ethical... What's the problem? You don't think Sara Palin is a swell choice, do you??

WhatsUp
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Twin Cities

Post by WhatsUp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 am

Biden is a career politician. He is the symbol of Washington's problem - politicians stay there for too long and get too corrupted. He is everything Obama is not for. Bill Richardson would have been a better pick.

dorajar
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Post by dorajar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 am

WhatsUp wrote:Biden is a career politician. He is the symbol of Washington's problem - politicians stay there for too long and get too corrupted. He is everything Obama is not for. Bill Richardson would have been a better pick.
Bill Richardson would have been good, but Biden is great too, I think. Yes, he's been in Washington for a long time but that also gives him critical experience. If being a Washington "insider" is a concern of yours, why would you consider giving your vote to McCain? He's been there at LEAST as long as Biden.

Post Reply