Zzzzzzzzzz

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Zzzzzzzzzz

Post by dorajar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:17 am

I almost just fell asleep at my desk.

What's the strangest place you've ever slept?

I've slept:

*curled in my laundry basket in the hatchback of my Honda at a rest stop in Nevada
*on a gravesite outside Alice Springs, Australia
*on a deserted island off the coast of Australia--when I woke up the tide had come in and my feet were in the ocean
*on the roof of a 15-passenger van, everywhere from the Grand Canyon to Yosemite.
*in a park in Montreal, on a road trip with my dad when I was 13 and we ran out of money for motels

You?

thrice

Post by thrice » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 am

I think it's a tie.

One was sleeping under a jeep for 3 days in the Army, parked on an airport Tarmac in Georgia, getting ready to be shipped out. It rained every couple of hours like clockwork.

The other was wrapped around a puppy in a rest stop in Grand Rapids, MN at about 20 below zero. I'd get cold every hour or two and start the car to warm up, then fall asleep again. Lucky we didn't freeze.

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:22 am

At my desk. :)

I might also note that once, late in the year, I had slept on a rock that was right on a lake in the boundary waters.

Also during a move to a new house, after finishing a quest to find my stuffed bear, I curled up and fell asleep. Somewhere there's a pic of me sleeping in a box with my bear. Make fun of me, and face the wrath of the teddy bear! Bwahahahaha!

LadyM

Strange beds...not bedfellows

Post by LadyM » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 pm

strangest spots I've slept are as follows;

Next to the cooler in the back end of a 72 Cutlass Cruiser Wagon on vacation as a child...my sister wasn't potty trained, wet her sleeping bag and we were in bear country.

under a tree in a rest stop in WI on my way home from DCI.

on the floor of a band rehearsal studio in Frogtown in St Paul after a party

in the front seat of my car on my way to campsite...I left too late and could not find the location in the dark since I'd never been there before.