Primp

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Primp

Post by dorajar » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:45 am

How much effort do you put into your appearance? Are you more turned off by people who obviously put a lot of effort into it ("try too hard?") or by people who don't care much ("slovenly?")? Where do you fall?

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 am

I don't like it when people try too hard. I like the normal every day look. Then when someone gets prettied up to go out somewhere the effect works. But the people who pretty themselves up every day have a distinctive style about them that just makes me go, "No. Not so much."

thrice

Post by thrice » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Generally fall in the middle. I do tend to look like a slob on weekends, but if I wear anything decent and work around the house or garage, my clothes attract dirt and stains like a magnet, so I prefer to wear grubby stuff.

Have had a bad habit in the past of buying my clothes in binges. Looks pretty good for a while, and then they all wear out at the same time. Right now I'm purging my home of many items of clothing not worn in years.

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 pm

If I'm going to leave the house I try to shower and put on clothes without mustard stains, etc.

:)

At worked I'm dressed in business casual.

If I'm going to an interview, the suit and tie come out of long term storage.

Around the house, I'm often dressed like a wife-beating trailer park resident...

LOL

WhatsUp

Post by WhatsUp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:17 pm

I agree with "citizenx". It depends on where you will be seen and by whom you will be seen. Most of time, I couldn't care less about my appearance. Barely have enough time to sleep, so why waste time in front of the mirror. However, if it is an important occasion, like a business function, I do have to dress for it.

thrice

Clothes Shopping Kohls Caveat Emptor

Post by thrice » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:22 pm

"Have had a bad habit in the past of buying my clothes in binges."

On a side note, one of the reasons I did that were Kohl's sales and coupon offers. You can get some great deals there, but many require that you use the Kohl's charge card for your purchases.

Do not carry a balance on that credit card. The interest rates are horrendous.