persevere

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

persevere

Post by dorajar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:18 am

"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger." --Albert Camus

Yesterday was officially the first day of winter. I don't know about you, but I feel like it's been here for a month already. It's come on harder, stronger, faster than any winter I can remember. And we've got 3 more months of it ahead of us.

How are you going to cope with it? What gets you through it?

WhatsUp

Al Gore's Global Warming Scam

Post by WhatsUp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:37 am

I'd tell Al Gore to stop his global warming scam! :lol:

I agree this winter has been pretty tough. Last winter was a cold and very long one. It looks like this will be a long one as well. We really got lucky a few years ago when we had some mild winters.

As to how to cope with it - I stay indoor as much as I can and avoid being outside. Not a very Minnesotan thing to do in winter, but I am not a big winter outdoor guy.

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:00 pm

NASA must be in on the scam too, because they just came out with a statement saying that 2 trillion tons of ice have melted in the Arctic since 2003, and the melting is accelerating.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/wor ... -rise.html

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

dorajar wrote:NASA must be in on the scam too, because they just came out with a statement saying that 2 trillion tons of ice have melted in the Arctic since 2003, and the melting is accelerating.

Didn't you know? Global warming MUST be a scam because it's currently cold outside.

Though I am not a big fan of calling it global warming. Global climate change seems to be more accurate.

In any case, I plan to get through this winter exactly how I got through winters before we started blaming our lack of winters on El Niño. Dress warm and remember not to even try to jump a car in -20 weather. :)

citizenx

Re: persevere

Post by citizenx » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:04 pm

dorajar wrote:"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger." --Albert Camus

misquote...

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols, 1888. German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

dorajar

Post by dorajar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:30 pm

My bad. I pulled it from Sunbeams, a book of quotes, and they attributed it to Camus.

WhatsUp

Post by WhatsUp » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:48 am

dorajar wrote:NASA must be in on the scam too, because they just came out with a statement saying that 2 trillion tons of ice have melted in the Arctic since 2003, and the melting is accelerating.

Oh well, I will watch "The Inconvenient Truth" to cope with the MN winter.

Climate goes through its cycle all the time. We had global cooling not too long ago. I bet Al Gore is working his next scam about global cooling next. :lol:

By the way, when was the last time when Al Gore told you the truth, convenient or not?

COWman

Don't fight it

Post by COWman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:59 am

I'm going to Florida. Period. I don't believe in fighting Mother Nature.