Stuff to do

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Stuff to do

Post by dorajar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:27 am

Hi ho! Purely selfish question today, though maybe useful for others who will be entertaining guests this winter.

I have two dear buddies (a married couple) driving up today from Kansas to stay with me for a week or so. I need some low-budget ideas for things to do with them, and things they can do while I'm at work tomorrow. New Years Eve is covered.

Tonight I'm making them pad thai and potstickers for dinner (Rita's request). Then what should we do?

Tomorrow I have to work from 7 to 3:30. Where should I send them for the day, or what options should I give them? And what to do tomorrow night?

Wednesday will be party prep and Thursday will be recovery.

Bring on the ideas! I want to show them a good time.

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 pm

They could wander the Mall of Evil just for the sights. Maybe pick up a cheapy eats for lunch and then have dinner with you. That's always a fun default suggestion.

I'm not sure what's playing at the Omni Theater but it'll probably be worth more than the $7.50 per person.

If they're in to cigars they can hit up Stogies on Grand afterward and pick up a tasty $8 cigar. CAO is a good, inexpensive cigar brand.

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:54 am

Drop them off in downtown minneapolis and let them wander the skyway system, lots of free stuff to do downtown. Nice Elf display on the 8th floor of Macy's, too.