Pay it forward

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
dorajar

Pay it forward

Post by dorajar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 am

“Traveling in a comfortable car down a rainy road in the country, we saw a ragged fellow at nightfall signal to us for a ride, with a low bow. We had a roof and we had room and we drove on. And we heard me say, in a grumpy voice: No, we can't take anyone with us. We had gone on a long way, perhaps a day's march when suddenly I was shocked by this voice of mine, this behavior of mine and this whole world.”--Bertolt Brecht

I think in these tough economic times, it can be easy to feel that you need to sit on what you've got, clench your fists and assume a protective, defensive position. It's easy to feel that you don't have enough, or may soon not have enough. And it's probably particularly important that we continue to think about what we have to give, to offer, how we can help and contribute in times like these.

What are ways you've continued to share and give, keep that great karmic flow moving, despite a sense of scarcity? What are ways you could?

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:25 am

In good times or bad, I donate household goods to various organizations.

WhatsUp

Re: Pay it forward

Post by WhatsUp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:02 pm

dorajar wrote:
What are ways you've continued to share and give, keep that great karmic flow moving, despite a sense of scarcity? What are ways you could?
If you can lend someone a helping hand, you should do it. The good vibe will follow you. I do volunteer works for a friends and colleagues. Rarely donate money to charities, because I don't know how the money gets spent.