State Fair Foods Debut

The only stupid questions are those unasked!
thrice

State Fair Foods Debut

Post by thrice » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:29 am

http://www.twincities.com/ci_12556888?s ... ost_viewed

As usual the Minnesota State Fair will offer us strange new culinary delights at various booths.

What are your favorite State Fair vittles?

hobbit

Post by hobbit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Oh my......the year of the spud. That potato tornado looks incredible. Topped with sea salt, perhaps? Or sprinkled with malt vinegar? Or red pepper flakes? Dipped into sour cream and horseradish? Rolled in grated cheese, or buttered bread crumbs? Several ways to branch out with this delicacy. Let us count the ways.

The_Spirit

Post by The_Spirit » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 am

"What are your favorite State Fair vittles?"

How did I miss this thread? There are so many!

-Deep fried turkey sandwiches. I was introduced a few years ago and I can't leave the fairgrounds without one. Shredded, deep-fried turkey on a bun with Captain Ken's BBQ sauce.

-Chicken Gyro

-Chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick

-Tub-O-Fries

-Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies in a cone with a glass of milk

-Cheese Curds

-Elephant ears

-Epiphany diner for breakfast

I like to try one thing new annually if it looks interesting. Probably going to avoid Pig Cheeks and fry dogs like the plague. (Are fry dogs gonna have a cancer warning on them?)

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:48 am

eggrolls from the hmong place across the street from the snelling entrance to the fair

praecorloth

Post by praecorloth » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am

I'm a big fan of avoiding the Stat Fair like the plague. If I want to feel good about my body image I just go to Old Country Buffet. Same effect with a smaller crowd.

citizenx

Post by citizenx » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:12 pm

praecorloth wrote:I'm a big fan of avoiding the Stat Fair like the plague. If I want to feel good about my body image I just go to Old Country Buffet. Same effect with a smaller crowd.
I think you may be on to something

OCB could have "state fair day" with all you can eat mini-donuts, XXX-on-a-stick, and so forth.